Sunday, May 24, 2009

Foxholes

Have you ever been in a foxhole?

Foxholes were made famous during war times, they are the bunker you sit in as the bullets fly overhead and things all around you are blowing up. Often times in life we can find ourselves in what could be considered foxholes. Many times we feel like things are blowing up all around us. Life is not easy and many times we experience hard times that could include a loss of someone close, financial crisis, broken relationships, and many other things. You could consider these times the foxholes of life. At church this morning our Pastor talked about how foxholes make lasting friendships. Many times in life I tend to complain, get frustrated, and sometimes try to drown my sorrows away during these times. I am learning more and more that I need to embrace these times.

"...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

When we choose to embrace these times our relationships with those in the foxhole grows. The first thing I needed to realize is that Jesus is always with me in the foxhole. If I choose to embrace my Lord and Saviour during the foxhole times my relationship with him drastically grows. When I think back on my life the friends and family that went through some really rough points in my life with me have the strongest relationships with me. When the world seems to be beating you down, bunker down in the foxhole with the God of the Universe and grab some brothers and sisters in Christ to fight with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment