Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Alaska - Summary


Well, we have finally arrived home. Our trip to Alaska was truly an adventure. When we left our prayer was that God would use us while we were there and bring things together for the mission's trip this summer. God opened doors for us to share with high school students at different schools, encourage families, pastors, and communities by sharing the word of God, ministering to broken people through providing food and praying with them, and he grew our faith as well.

Our trip home was a long adventure. Don can sleep on planes and I can't. I went about 40 hours without sleeping and I still experiencing jet lag as I have trouble going to bed before 1am and I usually have to get up around 6:00am. I will just have to start getting some afternoon naps in.

I figured I will give you some of the basic details for next summer. We will be having meetings at Countryside Chapel in the near future for those wanting to get involved. The trip we be from August 7th -14th or 15th. There may be an option for some to stay longer but we still need to work out those details. As of right now we don't have a limit on how many people can go and depending on plane tickets the cost per person looks to be around $1,000 to $1,200. There will be a lot of work projects to do at Dennis and Celesta's church including painting, trim work, landscaping, chopping down trees, drywall, and much more. They also need help with their food ministry and we might be able to put on a VBS at their church. Marlin is also interested in putting on a youth outreach event in the Sutton area. These are a few of the details and please let me know if you want to be kept in the loop as we plan for next summer and get the team together.

No comments:

Post a Comment