Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pray

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14
It is 4:45 in the morning. I have been up since 3:00am. Recently the Lord has been convicting me that I don't pray enough and I have been asking him to give me a heart that constantly seeks him and brings me to my knees in prayer. Well he seems to be answering my prayer by waking me up at 3am and feeling the overwhelming need to pray. I have spent the past hour and 45 minutes reading scripture and praying. It has been an awesome time of asking God for forgiveness, asking him to transform me, and petitioning for friends, family, and the ministry.
I truly believe if God's people humble themselves and pray and seek his face the Lord our God will move in ways we never thought possible. Men and Women of God we need to be a people of prayer. We need to stop praying safe prayers, our prayers need to be Biblical. My prayers have shifted from "God give me a good day" to "God do whatever it takes today to conform me to the image of Jesus Christ." God has been teaching me to stop praying for my own comfort and start praying for His kingdom to come and His will to be done. We need to take a look at scripture and see how our Biblical heroes prayed. We need to look at Jesus's prayer in John 17. We need to pray the Lord's prayer and mean it. So today, ask God to give you a heart of prayer, an attitude of prayer, and a constant knowledge that God is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. Billy Graham once stated that in the morning he picks up the phone to God and doesn't put it down till he goes to bed. He lived in constant prayer. What happens when the people of God truly grasp 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 where it says, "pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
"Our Father in heaven
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil."
- Matthew 6:9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment