Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Power, Passion, & Purpose

Do you walk with your head up or down? Do you walk around with power, passion, and purpose?

Often times I catch myself with my head down. Many times I forget.
I forget that if our God is for us who can be against us?
I forget that our God is stronger and higher than any other
I forget that our God is the healer and redeemer of the broken and the lost
I forget that he is the life changer
I forget that he is living water and the bread of life
I forget that our God is all powerful
I forget that our God loves us unconditionally
I forget that I am His.

Have you forgotten?

Over lunch today I was encouraged. I was listening to a guy who hasn't forgotten. He was walking in the power, passion, and purpose of the Lord Jesus Christ. He was taking the attacks of Satan head on with the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. It wasn't easy but there was the power or Christ in his life. His passion and purpose proved it.

I don't usually write prayers but I want to leave you with one today. Don't let the enemy win the battles in your mind and in your life. Use the power and truth that God has given you.

"God, I am your child. You are my father. I thank you for that relationship. I pray that I realize this truth and embrace it. I pray that I would walk in your power today. That you would give me a passion for the name of Jesus Christ. As it talks about in Acts 4, I pray that people would take note that I have been with Jesus. That my life would reflect and lead people to you Lord. I thank you for the power over sin and death that the cross accomplished for me. Give me an eternal perspective and a passion to fulfill my purpose in Christ. May your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment