Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bad Day

So we have all had bad days before.  Some days are bad because of one really bad event that takes place while others can be bad because every little thing seems to go wrong.  Well today was one of those days.  I over slept my alarm by 2 hours which never happens.  I am not behind and trying to figure out how I am going to get everything done.  While I am quickly grabbing some breakfast our breaker for toaster goes out.  I then proceed to our dungeon basement to flip the breaker and notice a large amount of water and extreme dampness down there.  After careful inspection it seems that during the storms that happened here while we were in Alaska water seeped into our basement.  As I am inspecting the basement I hit my head a few times, find another spot that needs patched, and notice that the roof where our wood burning stove pipe goes up needs resealed.

At this point in time I am stressing about the new ministry website that needs done along with all the events of the morning.  I sat down to take a deep breathe and my wife walks up to me, hands me her Bible and says, "read this."

I opened the Bible to Psalm 44 and it says,

"O God, we have heard with our ears,
our fathers have told us,
what deeds you performed in their days,
in the days of old:
you with your own hand drove out the nations,
but them you planted;
you afflicted the people,
but them you set free;
for not by their own sword did they win the land,
nor did their own arm save them,
but your right hand and your arm,
and the light of your face,
for you delighted in them." v.1-3


God's word is such a great reminder.  We will face affliction, we will have bad days, hear bad news, make bad purchases, and at times make bad decisions.  In the midst of the "badness" we must never forget our position in Christ.  We are saved, redeemed, rescued, loved, secure, complete, whole, and much more because God loved us so much that he sent his son Jesus Christ to die in our place.  We can rest in the fact that its not about us, its about him and his glory.  So if you are having a bad day like me, pick up the Bible and read it.  Be reminded of how great and awesome God is and how much he cares about you, even in your bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment