Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alaska 8/11

What a week it has been. I am not even sure what day it is, I think it is Wednesday. We have been working hard and not sleeping much but God is so good and we are having a blast. We have knocked out a lot of work at Dennis and Celesta's house and also at the Church.

Yesterday was a jam packed day. We all started the day by serving at the Church with their Food Pantry ministry. We were able to provide food for 71 families. Some of us helped them pick out their food and others carried food to their cars and homes. Many of these people were homeless. It was great to see them smile and just to talk to them.

We spent yesterday afternoon working hard. We made a lot of progress on our work projects. Last night we started the first of three nights of Kids for Christ club. The girl's did an awesome job putting together the night and we had around 25 kids come out. We look forward to the next two nights working with the kids.

I had a little scare last night. I lost my wallet and for about an hour the whole team was searching the church, parking lot, and yard. I had my driver's license, cash, and credit card all in it so we were praying that it would turn up. When we were about to give up and call and cancel my credit card Elizabeth found my wallet in a garbage bag full of bats and balls that we used when we were playing with the kids. We were all praying that we would find my wallet and praise be to God that I don't have to go through the process. Continue to keep us in prayer. Today and tomorrow we will be handing out clothes to the poor and homeless and continuing on in many of the work projects we are doing. Pray for strength as many of us are tired, pray that God would use us to impact those who come to pick up clothes and for the kids that come out in the evenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment