Saturday, August 7, 2010

ALASKA MISSIONS TRIP

Today is the day. The team of 14 is on our way to Alaska. I am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in us and through us. Most of us will be traveling all day to Alaska, spending about 12-15 hours in planes and airports. Alaska is 4 hrs. time difference from eastern standard time so when I land a little after midnight tonight it will feel like 4am.

I am looking forward to the long flights, it is a really good time for me to get some reading done. My goal is to read 3 books during my two weeks in Alaska. Those books are:
- The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- Let the Nations Be Glad by John Piper
- Let's Start with Jesus, A New Way of Doing Theology by Dennis Kinlaw

Don and I will also be preaching at Mt. View Baptist Church tomorrow morning. Don is doing the first service and I am doing the second. I am really excited to share in the second service. It consists of many people who come in off the streets. Mt. View is a very poor urban community in Anchorage. It is extremely diverse and is full of hopelessness. What a privilege and blessing it is to bring the hope of Jesus Christ. Please pray for us as we all travel today. Pray as well for the church services tomorrow that God would be glorified and bring hope to the hopeless.

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" - Romans 10:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment