Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Offense

This week I started lifting more weights than normal and can real feel a difference. I am becoming more sore but feel stronger. My times at the gym this week were purposeful and I had others working out with me. I didn't just go through the motions but worked hard and I feel better and stronger because of it. I often wonder if this example transfers over to my spiritual life. Ephesians 6:10 says,

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."

Paul continues to go to write about putting on the armor of God and reminded us that we are in a spiritual battle and we need to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Just think about an actual battle for a second. If you had to go fight a massive army who would you pick to go with you? Wouldn't you want the biggest, strongest, mightiest person you could find? If this is the case then why so often do we go into the spiritual battle without the biggest, strongest, mightiest person we know? We give up too quickly, we try to do it ourselves, and we often time end up defeated and weak.

I would encourage you to read Ephesians 6:10-20. Take a look at your spiritual walk and see if you are strong in the Lord. As children of God, co-heirs with Christ we have the Holy Spirit to help us. We have a God who has given us weapons and strength to fight this fight of faith. My prayer is that today you would understand that it is a spiritual battle, that you wouldn't just try to play defense but that you would fasten the belt of truth, that you would put on the breastplate of righteousness, take of the shield of faith, put on the helmet of salvation and play offense with the sword of the Spirit. Remember that the weapons for warfare are spiritual and should be rooted in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment