Thursday, December 9, 2010

Overwhelmed by Grace

As I was working out this morning it hit me. I can't even come to fathom the grace of God. Really, think about it for a second. Do we realize how blessed we are? Do we understand that we were destined for eternal condemnation? We were objects of God's wrath (Ephesians 2:3).

"But God being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2:4-5

If you are like me then often times you forget the "great love with which he loved us." Our circumstances and situations in life leave us often times feeling unloved. The sense of loneliness may surround us when we take our eyes of the cross of Jesus Christ and forget about his love and grace.

Hillsong sings a song called "To Know Your Name" and the lyrics go like this:


The precious blood of Jesus Christ redeems
Forgiven I'm alive restored set free
Your majesty resides inside of me
Forever I believe
Forever I believe
Arrested by Your truth and righteousness
Your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness
Convicted by Your spirit led by Your word
Your love will never fail
Your love will never fail

The line that sticks out to me is "your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness." So my question is has it? Has the grace of God overwhelmed your brokenness? I want to encourage you today to reflect on the Scripture from Ephesians and the lyrics from the song. My prayer for you today is that the grace of God will overwhelm your brokenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment