Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Busyness of Life

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10

Do you ever take time to be still and just know that our God is seated on the throne? Many times in my life I get caught up in the busyness of life and ministry. This morning I woke up with my schedule, meetings, and tasks for the day running through my head. I didn't even take time to thank the Lord for waking me up and giving me another day to do the work of Christ. Everyday we have a chance to change the landscape of eternity and we need to be prepared for it. I was really convicted about not giving God the first 10-15 minutes of my day like I normally do. For me, I need to ask God to open my eyes to the people I need to encourage, love, serve, and minister to each day. You never know what a kind word of encouragement might do for someone. My prayer for you today is that you will take a few minutes to do just as Psalm 46 says, "Be still, and know that I am God". When we take a moment to slow down and focus on our Saviour we start to hear what he has for us today.

I want to leave you with a quote from a movie I watched last night and remember to LOVE JESUS TODAY!

"When you light a lamp for someone else you brighten your own path too."

No comments:

Post a Comment