Thursday, April 2, 2009

What does Jesus look like?

Welcome to my first blog!

Do you know what the hardest part of creating a blog is? It is coming up with a name for the blog.

My best friend and ministry partner Don Stubbs once asked me "What does Jesus look like?" I said, "Don, I don't have a Polaroid of Jesus so I am not really sure." He wasn't asking what Jesus physically looks like but he wanted me to describe Jesus in one word. I decided I needed to put a lot of thought into this. After a few days I came up with the word "Captivating."

I decided to look up Captivating in the dictionary and here is my favorite definition I found...

-the state of being intensely interested

What are you intensely interested in?
I am intensely interested in the Cleveland Browns. I can sit here and tell you all about them. I can complain about the Kellen Winslow trade or how I think Brady Quinn should definately be the starter. I can tell you that they will play the Packers, Bears, Lions, and Titans in the preseason. I have been to Cleveland Browns Stadium, tasted the nachos, sat front row in the Dawg Pound, and touched the players. I have Cleveland Browns merchandise and memorabilia. I put a lot of time, money, and energy into the Cleveland Browns because I am intensely interested in them. When you watch the games on TV you can see about 70,000 people who battle the snow and cold who are intensely interested in the Cleveland Browns.

This leads me to the question, "What happens when God's people become captivated by their God? What happens when God's people become intensely interested in their creator. The Cleveland Browns had their team taken away. They had enough intensely interested people who stood up and demanded their team be brought back and it was. What happens if God's people ask for God to be brought back; in schools, in government, and even in our own lives.

I want to encourage you to a passionate pursuit of Jesus Christ. Will you allow the God of Creation to captivate your heart? He is calling, will you answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment