Monday, April 6, 2009

The Journey Begins

Just like starting a business, starting a ministry takes a lot of hard work. Don and I would not be able to do this ministry if it wasn't for many of you giving of your time, money, and resources. We thank God for you!

Over the next 35 days we will be traveling across the U.S. speaking, meeting with donors, and building awareness of the ministry. We would love your prayers as our schedule is pretty crazy. I will keep you updated on where we are and what we are doing through this blog.

DAY 1:

It was a blessing to watch the marriage of Frankie Rodriguez and Janelle Ortiz yesterday in Chicago. Frankie is a good friend and co-laborer in Christ. We spent the last year doing ministry together at GRIP Outreach For Youth in Chicago. The ceremony was pretty awesome, full of worship and the gospel, it was definately all about Jesus! I am excited to see what God is going to do through this couple.

Don, Kellie, Laura, and I left the wedding in Chicago around 8:00pm central time and headed for Ohio. We battled blizzard like conditions for about 2 hours till we got far enough south in Indiana. I had my first experience with 5-hr energy when Don and I were put on driving duty around midnight. I will endorse 5-hr energy, the stuff definately works. We finally arrived back home around 5:00am eastern time. I just woke up from about 4 hours of sleep. We are about to head to the Pittsburgh airport to catch a flight to Manchester, NH. From Manchester we will be driving to Portsmouth, Maine. In addition to speaking we will be meeting with supporters of Off The Wall in Manchester as well as Portsmouth to hopefully grow our support in the area.

Don and I are going through the book of Luke in our daily Bible Study, I will try to leave you with a little something each day...

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
- Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment